AquaCarb® CX series carbons have the high microporous structure of coconut shell-based carbon combined with the faster kinetics of bituminous coal-based carbons, resulting in excellent volatile organic carbon (VOC) removal capacity, while also working well in applications where bituminous coal-based carbons have historically been the preferred choice. Our studies have shown that AquaCarb® CX series carbons exhibit a higher adsorption capacity than coal-based carbon for surface water treatment, with greater throughput before carbon breakthrough reducing lifecycle and compliance costs.
AquaCarb® CX enhanced coconut shell carbons are a suitable, high performance alternative to coal based carbons in the following applications:
- Surface water treatment – taste and odor removal
- Surface water treatment – disinfection by-product (DBP) or DBP precursor removal
- Bulk organic/TOC removal from water
Features and Benefits
- ANSI/NSF Standard 61 classified for use in potable water applications
- Fully conforms to physical, performance and leachability requirements established by the current ANSI/AWWA B604 (which includes the Food Chemical Codex requirements)
- Retains inherent micropore structure from base coconut carbon, providing excellent VOC adsorption capacity
- Contains superior mesopore structure, providing improved adsorption kinetics and adsorption capacity for larger molecular weight compounds
- Modified pore structure leads to longer bed life between carbon exchanges and lower lifecycle costs
- A detailed quality assurance program guarantees consistent quality from lot to lot and shipment to shipment
Click here to learn more or contact a product specialist.