Valtek Flow Booster
The Valtek Flow Booster is a one-to-one pressure regulator that amplifies flow to increase the stroking speed of actuators...
The Valtek Flow Booster is a one-to-one pressure regulator that amplifies flow to increase the stroking speed of actuators.
Boosters are generally used in conjunction with throttling, control- valve positioners to provide fast action with large input signal changes. The booster allows normal positioner air flow and normal actuation with small input-signal changes. This variation in air flow is accomplished with an internal bypass valve that is adjusted to obtain the desired speed, while maintaining dynamic stability.
- Soft-seat sealing: Polyurethane seats provide durability and tight shutoff
- One-piece poppet: Unique design eliminates problems associated with an adjustable poppet; flow capacity rated is consistent from one booster to another; fine tuning is not needed for optimal performance
- Adjustable response: Bypass valve can be adjusted to eliminate actuator overshoot or over-damping on any size actuator – with or without springs
- Fast response: Simple air path minimizes the pressure drop through the booster, increasing the flow capacity; actuators stroke faster than other comparable devices
- Simplified maintenance: Simplified design requires fewer parts, providing easy troubleshooting and reassembly
- Easy installation/adjustments: Port labels, flow-arrow are cast into the body; bypass valve positioned horizontally and opposite of cylinder for easy accessibility; can be nipple or bracket-mounted
- Heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant construction: Anodized aluminum, epoxy powder-painted body provides protection from impact, shocks and corrosive atmospheres
Flowserve,Corp., P.O. Box 5656, Florence, SC 29502. Tel: 843-662-2100; Fax: 843-667-1007.