CF7, featured at the APWA Exposition in Las Vegas, is a low-corrosion liquid deicer. It is potassium-acetate based and contains no chlorides; therefore it is safe for structural steel and reinforcing steel embedded in concrete. Because it is an acetate, the product is said to biodegrade with little environmental impact.
- Composition: 50% aqueous potassium acetate solution, by weight, plus corrosion inhibitors.
- Appearance: clear, colorless, mobile liquid, free from matter in suspension
- Density (at 20°C): 1.28 gm/cm3 (10.7 lbs/gal)
- Flash Point: Nonflammable
- Freezing Point: -60°C (-76°F)
- Miscibility with Water: Complete
- Typical pH: 11.0 +0.5
Cyrotech Deicing Technology, 6103 Orthoway, Ft. Madison, IA 52627. Tel: 800-346-7237 or 319-372-6012; Fax: 319-372-2662.