MINEX Mining Systems are a family of polymeric grid and composite mining products, whose basic components are Tensar structural geogrids.
MINEX Mining Systems are a family of polymeric grid and composite mining products, whose basic components are Tensar structural geogrids. Made from high-strength, corrosion-resistant polymers, our geogrids are lightweight and easy to handle, allowing them to be installed safely and quickly. Minex Systems offer solutions for a wide range of underground mining applications for mines and tunnels, including:
- Roof and Rib Control - Our white reflective geogrid is corrosion-resistant and provides effective pillar wrap, roof and rib strap and general meshing solutions. It is easier and safer to handle, transport and install than metal screen.
- Longwall Screens - Our geogrid composite is ideal for use in longwall mining operations. Unlike chain link, sections of the screen can be assembled above ground and easily transported underground for installation.
- Ventilation Control - Our GRIDSTOP Ventilation Control System consists of Tensar structural geogrid, a geotextile, and SandVik GSA Sealant. This system weighs 90% less than conventional block stoppings and takes 25% less time to install.
- High Wall Screens - Tensar structural geogrids secure steep faces, preventing falling debris at mine entrances. Strong, lightweight, safe and easy to install, our geogrids contrast sharply with the wire mesh alternatives.
- Soft Bottom Reinforcement - Increase productivity by mitigating soft bottom problems at your site. A layer of Tensar structural geogrid covered with suitable aggregate prevents rutting and locks fill in place.
- Automatic Grid Dispensing - The automatic grid dispenser makes installation-friendly geogrid even easier to install. Attached to a roof bolter or miner, this dispenser saves significant time and labor costs.
We also offer solutions for a variety of surface applications at coal, mineral, and other mining operations, increasing your productivity and lowering your operating costs, including:
- Base and subgrade improvement (Haul Roads)
- Landfill vertical expansion (ADD3 Capacity Improvement System)
- Retaining walls (Mesa & ARES Retaining Wall Systems)
- Slope reinforcement (Sierra Slope Retention System)
- Tailings impoundments (Sludge Capping)
- Truck dump headwalls (Mesa & ARES Retaining Wall Systems)
Tensar Earth Technologies, Inc., 5775-B Glenridge Dr., Suite 450, Atlanta, GA, 30328. Phone: 404-250-1290; Fax: 404-250-9185.